Danger and Worry in The DRC as The Risk of Ebola Rises

Danger and Worry in The DRC as The Risk of Ebola Rises

The World Health Organization has raised the risk of Ebola in the DR Congo to the highest level. To protect people from the deadly virus, the government is trying to educate the public. The first sign of the outbreak was found in Ituri province, which is already dealing with armed conflict and humanitarian problems. “I grew up in Bunia,” says taxi driver Gratien Scojo. “I’ve never seen someone with Ebola get better, and people are still dying.” Because of this, I urge everyone to stay safe, especially in our city of Bunia.

To lower the risk of spreading the disease and stop the outbreak, people should stay away from infected people and avoid close touch with them.In order to avoid getting this disease, bus driver Mumbere Elisha always tells his customers, “Do everything you can to make sure there are no more than five of you on a bus, instead of being squished together.”

The WHO says that there have been 82 confirmed cases and seven confirmed deaths in the DRC so far. There are also almost 750 suspected cases and 177 suspected deaths.

Five cases of Ebola have been confirmed in Uganda, which is next to the DRC to the east. On Saturday, the health office of the African Union warned that the Ebola virus could spread to ten countries. These countries include South Sudan, Kenya, Ethiopia, and Rwanda.

Also Read:

A Trusted Name in Finance and Investment Consulting: Sasa Pejic as the CEO of Pannon GroupNS

Steven Looije: Offering Real Estate Expertise for Smart Investments With HUIS Real Estate

editor

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *